Sunday, September 6, 2009

A funny thing happened on the way to the dentist

September started with a bang for me.

I was on my way to visit the dentist I had been to a few weeks before to get a bite problem fixed. On my way there, Ruby received this lovely imprint of Ventura on her back bumper. How did it get there you ask? Another car put it there when it ran into the back of Ruby while we were traveling along this lovely section of Main Street in Ventura. Can you still see the imprint on the right side?
Ruby doesn't look too damaged here, but continue down and you will see her fate.
This is looking straight down on the trunk closure. She popped all her buttons when that smack came through and now the bumper does not reach back into the cover as it should.

This is to the right side of the above photo showing how the frame was smashed in just about 2-3 inches all along.


Pulling back the bumper cover, you can see how the bumper was bent in 4-6". This is to the right side, not in the center. The little hole to the left, indicates the center of the car.


Ruby was a good girl and took care of me. She didn't cry or anything, but her trunk lid was broken and I had to use my trusty masking tape to hold the lid down when I left.
This is the car that hit her. It got a little bent out of shape in the front.


And blew its stack, releasing both air bags. Its driver was a 20 year old girl. She did not seem to be injured in the accident. This car had to be towed away.


However, I drove Ruby to the dentist, finished my errand there, went to the mission office to get things for President Murri and secure better the trunk, and headed home and put Ruby to bed in the garage where she will rest until she can go to the hospital next week and get fixed up good as new.
I am feeling totally fine with no apparanet repurcusions after 5 days. I will admit to being shook up and ready to stay home for awhile. This is how I feel about it:
. . . . for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.
Doctrine and Covenants 84:88
I was totally protected and cradled in the arms of my angels. I am blessed.




No comments: