Monday, September 6, 2010

Our Labor Day Weekend

Saturday we had a wonderful day in Simi Valley interviewing missionaries and attending a baptism.  It was 65 degrees more or less when we left Ventura, and 85 more or less when we got to Simi Valley at 10:00 am to the Township Chapel.  When we transferred between buildings to the Erringer Chapel around 1:15 pm it was over 100 degrees.  We took some time after interviews to review the orientation booklet we hand out to new missionaries and edit changes that are needed.  Then we went to the mall for dinner and a little shopping.  It is a fun outdoor mall, but of course, it was still hot.  There is a Red Robin there that we ate at when we were just brand new in the mission so it was fun to go back.  We headed to the Cochran chapel and attended the baptism of a wonderful man. The ward was out in big numbers supporting him and Primary children too all dressed up in their Sunday best.  It was very nice. We headed home, stopping to do a little grocery shopping in Moorpark for our upcoming training and got home around  10:00 pm.  Yes, we were exhausted.

Sunday we headed to the Gonzales Chapel in Oxnard.  We attended Sacrament Meeting in the Oxnard 3rd Ward at 9:00 am.  We did some letter reading and planning during Sunday School. During the third hour we directed a discussion in a combined Melchizedek Priesthood and Relief Society Meeting about ---- Member Missionary work.  Immediately after we attended a meeting with the Camarillo Stake President, the high councilor over missionary work, the zone leaders and ourselves to discuss missionary progress in the stake.  It was a great meeting and I can tell that this stake president is dedicated to the missionary cause and so is his high councilman.  We promptly attended and directed a discussion in another combined Melchizedek Priesthood and Relief Society Meeting about ---- Member Missionary work in the Oxnard 1st Ward.  We took a little break in which President Murri read more letters and we switched our scriptures to Spanish.  We then attended and directed a discussion in another combined Melchizedek Priesthood and Relief Society Meeting about ---- Member Missionary work in the Oxnard 5th Ward, a Spanish speaking ward.  President needed to interview a few missionaries so we were there a little longer.  We decided to take some missionaries home so they didn't have to walk.  While we were doing that we got a call to go to the Gary Drive chapel, also in Oxnard, so President could conduct a baptismal interview at 5:00 pm.  We got there just in time.  I studied in the Book of Mormon while I waited.  We were home about 6:30 pm.  I finally fed President Murri some dinner and then he was off to the office to meet with his assistants and I collapsed.

Monday:   We have been shopping for food supplies for our Zone Leaders' Council that is being held tomorrow as well as our Sister's Training that starts tomorrow afternoon and runs for four days.  I will be preparing food and doing laundry the rest of today and President Murri will be doing the spiritual preparation.  I am looking forward to the other senior sisters serving in the misson to come over this afternoon and help make treats.  It will be a laborius day and we will be happy and exhausted at the end of it.

(We refer to the churches by the street names on which they are located.)

1 comment:

Grandma B said...

Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog. I get exhausted just hearing about all the things you accomplish in a day.
I have so many fond memories of you and your Jensen family.