For our Family Home Evening lesson this evening, Sarah & Skyler helped us start our mission blog. FUN!!! Since we probably won't have a lot of time to write letters anymore, we thought this might help us to stay in contact with everyone who is interested in our adventures in Ventura.
We are currently home from our mission in the Asuncion Paraguay Temple for a season to unwind and to prepare for our next missionary service in California. We assure you that it is not much of a "vacation" though. There is still a lot to do, as well as several upcoming family events--a graduation from BYU, greeting two new grandchildren--one in May and the other in June, and a family reunion, just to mention a few. We are glad to be at home, but are missing the special people we met in Paraguay. We are also missing the green trees, all the beautiful flowers and the birds singing. We are not missing the heat and the humidity though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
welcome to the blogging world
Because my blogger name isn't very descriptive, I will start by explaining that this is Kara's sister-in-law Jenny. I have actually thought that your experiences would be great for blogging and am so glad you started! I hope you don't mind me reading. I look forward to hearing how things go.
Dear Wayne and Betty,
We heard you were home from one mission and preparing for your next. WOW! I tried to call your number, since I didn't know Sarah's last name. Obviously your phone number has changed. Don and I are in Rexburg visiting Susan for the weekend. She hooked us up to your blog.
We received our mission call a week ago. We're going to the Chile Rancagua Mission. We enter the MTC on June 9. We're very excited and quite nervous. We don't speak Spanish. We have been taking Spanish for a couple of years. We've had 1010 three times and 1020 twice. We know lots of vocabulario y muchos verbos pero we can't understand very much. We need time to formulate each sentence. We've started going to the Spanish Branch in Hyrum now that we have a spanish speaking mission call. Oh, we'd love to see you and hear about your mission and ask lots of questions.
Post a Comment